Notarizing In Da Hood

lil boosieToday (3/18/14) was gangster. I was a notarizing machine, wielding my notary stamp like a banger up in North Baton Rouge. Lil Bootsie would have been proud. The highlights, on the notary front, were:

  • My day started by vising a lady and her 91 year old uncle at his house off of Old Hammond in Baton Rouge. He had some banking forms that needed to be stamped. The niece was really nice and friendly, and it made a great start to my day.
  • The second journey was the conclusion of a big job. I wrapped up the Affidavit of Small Succession and Cash Sale of a piece of property in Independence, Louisiana (located in Tangipahoa Parish). The clients were super happy with my work. I can’t tell you how much nervous effort went into this job. To say the least, it was complicated.
  • Next on the list was a trip to a new commercial client. They are a towing company off of Choctaw in BTR. It looks like a lot of new business will be coming my way from these guys.
  • Guess what happened next? I went right back to that same towing company to notarize some dumb government form. Again, they were great people.
  • The journey continued with me crossing the bridge to visit some people at the Holiday Inn in Port Allen, Louisiana. They are buying a time share (poor suckers), so I notarized the deed for them.
  • I then went to visit some guys for a car sale in da hood. It was a little gangster, but nothing compared to my next stop.
  • The finale for the night, and by far the most interesting job, brought me to a trailer park off of Airline Hwy, near Winbourne. Oh my god, can you say scary?!?!?!? I really try to live without fear, but this one spooked me. I was nervous enough to call Stacey and tell her that if I disappear, this was where I was killed. These “clients” were thugs. I guess you’re not supposed to judge, but if they weren’t slinging dope, I’m not breathing. The whole time that I was at their “house”, at least 5 cars pulled in and out. All of them were extremely shady, and the rusty, burnt smell was coming off of them. I gripped my stamp ready to whack somebody, but it went just fine. I can honestly say that this was the fastest notary job I’ve ever done!

In other news, it’s time to eat!

Thanks for reading my notary stories! If you need some help in the hood, call me at 225-907-5280.

Leave a Reply