As a traveling notary that covers the Baton Rouge area (and beyond), there are a lot of things that I can do as a Louisiana notary public. Unlike other states, a notary in LA has the ability to handle a wide variety of issues in the legal realm. A notary here can:
- pass a mortgage. All mortgages in Louisiana require a notary to witness the borrower’s signature.
- transfer real property by an act of sale or donation.
- act of adoption. If you are adopting a child in Louisiana, you need a notary.
- create and notarize a power of attorney (mandate).
- create affidavits including an affidavit of small succession.
- create life planning documents such as a last will & testament, trust and living will.
- assist in business formations for corporations and limited liability corporations.
- create matrimonial agreements.
- create and notarize contracts.
- in general, create and legal instrument that is in writing.
If you need a notary in the Baton Rouge area, please give me a call at 225-907-5280. Thank you for reading!