- I had to serve notice of a civil lawsuit to a company. To say the least, it was weird. My customer was a normal individual that is filing suit against a company in federal court. He hired me to meet him at the company’s office and hand the papers to them. I can’t go into a lot of details, but it was really strange. I wanted to say “you got served” so bad.
- I did another refinance loan closing with a borrower in Denham Springs, LA. The loan officer was there as well, and we did it in a title company’s office. Everyone was nice and there were no real issues.
- I went to downtown Baton Rouge to a credit union to notarize an affidavit for a divorce. It was so clod and windy walking into the bank! It felt like Chicago downtown today.
- I also traveled to Zachary, LA to wrap up some loose ends on a reverse mortgage closing that I did on Friday of last week. Thankfully, the man was very nice and understanding.
- I went to a new commercial customer to notarize three “no work affidavits”. I like this engineering company, so I hope they continue to use me.
- I met with a family at their home to witness four signatures on a cash sale of a piece of property that the own in New York. The elderly lady was around 90 years old and was very sharp!
- I did a vehicle title transfer in a scary part of Baton Rouge. The customers were in their 50’s, so there was no danger from them, but I’m always a little nervous going into certain areas of town.
- I did another car sale with a regular of mine. He has a dealer’s license and is always a pleasure to work with. I wish everyone was as easy going as him!
- My last trip of the night brought me to Walker, Louisiana. I notarized a quit claim on a piece of property that is involved in a tax sale. Finding witnesses at night is always fun, but we got lucky and talked a few neighbors into helping.
On the personal front, I’m tired again. I could use a few days off, but the family needs to eat, so I keep plugging along. I’ve put some thought into getting a stable office going again, but I’m really not sure. I do love being free and able to travel, but a little more stability would probably be a good thing.
Thank you for reading my notary blog! If you made it this far, bless you. If I can help you in the Baton Rouge area, please give me a call at 225-907-5280.